First up, here's my second project for Children's Book Illustration. If you couldn't guess, I did a scene from "The Jungle Book" by Rudyard Kipling. The piece is huge, 18x30, 24x36 when its matted and in the frame, so there may be some detail you cant see, but never fret. I just wanted to show a really fun party in the jungle, with the animals having fun and relaxing and lounging. I figure that if any of my work ends up being purchased by the Children's Hospital, it might as well be something fun and uplifting for the little guys. I had a heck of a lot of fun making this piece, I hope you guys like it too.
Next, here's another batch of posters for my book. I'm especially proud of these four as I've had the ideas since I initially thought up of the book and they've finally been completed just as I had envisioned them. I think they're going to be some of the highlights of the book.
Finally, the project to end all projects, we have a "Personal Project" assignment for my Tradigital class where we were basically allowed to do whatever we wanted. I had really wanted to do a dust jacket for a book, so there you go! This project took me forever to work out, it just kept not feeling right and until this past Wednesday, less than a week before it was due, I had a completely different piece that I was doing. As I said, I really wasn't feeling it and then I decided that this being a personal piece, I'd do what I really wanted the way I really wanted to, so, in record time, I sketched, finalized and finished this piece in a mere four days. I chose to do Dracula because for one I love it and it has so many memorable scenes and characters and its also in the public domain so I don't have to worry about any of that stuff. I made up my own publishing company and bam! The first image is the actual sleeve that will go on the book (I'll have pics of that as soon as its ready) and the second is just the illustration. I'm very happy with how this one came out, I hope you guys enjoyed all of these!
Thanks for stopping by folks!